Saturday, June 12, 2010

My home for 3 months


This is a picture of the pier that we watch the dolphins from for our land based surveys. There was supposed to be a 7am-9am shift and a 1pm-3pm shift today, but so far it has been too windy as you can see from the white caps in the picture. If the water is a sea state 4(constant white caps) or above, we don't do land surveys because spotting dolphins and porpoises is too difficult.
New Quay is this tiny little seaside town that has a resident population of just 1,200 people and about 250 dolphins in all of Cardigan Bay! It's a popular resort town, and I definitely understand why. Dolphins on your doorstep nearly every day,
extensive sandy beaches(nothing like the rocky ones at home!), lush green cliffs, and a relaxed atmosphere. These photos are my first attempt at capturing the beauty of this place, but I can't really say that I have. Oh well, I will keep trying, maybe I will get some good ones from the boat!

2 comments:

  1. they're still beautiful pictures, can't wait to see more! you're lucky it looks like the weather is still good (aside from the windy waters and not being able to do your land surveys!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful landscape!! I think i found my next vacay spot =D. So jelous that your there for 3 months >.<

    ReplyDelete