Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blue Reef Aquarium


Today I was rudely awakened by a wasp stinging me in the back, which prompted me to get up at 9:30! I had a quiet morning. In the afternoon I decided to go meet up with Helen at the aquarium so we could walk back together. In a moment of foolish girly-ness, I decided that flats would be the best footwear for the 5km walk along the promenade to Helen's work in Tynemouth. My feet did not agree! It was another sunny and summery day, so even though my feet weren't happy, it was a nice walk. When I got to the aquarium an hour later, I was just in time for the last seal show.

Helen and Amy did the show wearing the aforementioned sea lion t-shirts! The aquarium closes at 6:00 so I spent the rest of the time wandering around the aquarium taking pictures while I waited for Helen. The aquarium has just recently opened a new exhibit featuring marmosets and tamarinds, they proved very hard to photograph because they are always looking around and moving!












I got to try some authentic British chips on the way home as a walking back snack. We had a nice quiet evening and sorted out my Sunday travel plans to New Quay, Wales.

1 comment:

  1. finally you got some fish an chips!! how are the feet???

    ReplyDelete