Monday, June 28, 2010

Mwnt Beach


Thursday was my day off last week and Kat and I decided to spend the day at Mwnt(said munt) Beach. The weather was perfect, and I actually got a bit of a tan. As soon as we arrived a man told us there was a dolphin in the bay. Kat went up on the cliff to try and film seals, so I sat on the beach and watched the dolphin foraging. A little later, more dolphins showed up and did some aerial behaviour. I don't really think there are many areas in the world where you have a good chance of seeing dolphins anywhere you go! A few grey seals showed up in the bay as well. Later in the day, Kat wanted to go for a snokel to get some underwater footage. I couldn't help going for a dip as well. When I got out I saw that there was a dolphin in the bay again, so technically I swam with dolphins! Tick that of the bucket list!

In addition to marine mammals, Mwnt boasts the smallest church in Wales and is said to have been built in the 6th century! It was getting a fresh coat of paint while we were there. The views were spectacular(I'm starting to take them for granted)and we had a really nice relaxing day at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. I love the little church!!! 6th century?!?! Your clearly having a blast!!! =D

    ReplyDelete